Monday, August 11, 2008

CapSleeve Shirt

The most difficult part about starting this blog was deciding which item of clothing to write about first. I wear Modbe on a daily basis – it is hard to decide on a favorite. Instead of choosing a favorite I will start with a classic - one of the original 2 items that started the company –

the Capsleeve Shirt Why is it so great – it can be worn on its own, or layered. Checking in my closet I have over 20 different Capsleeve shirts in a variety of colors. Second Skin is often a term used to describe this shirt. I order my shirts in 2 sizes – one tight to help hold in all those imperfections and the other loose enough to be worn on its own. As a general rule – my white and black Capsleeve’s are the ones ordered one size smaller – these I use strictly for layering. How often do we find a shirt somewhere – that we love – that is just a little too sheer for our liking, or the neck line is a little too low? Most of the time we can place black, brown or white under these items and solve any dilemmas.
Colors - I order in a size that I feel comfortable wearing on their own (follow the sizing chart on the web). This way I can still use the shirt as a layering piece when needed, but feel comfortable wearing it to drop the kids off at school or running errands. I wear color Capsleeve’s around the house nonstop. They are a great shirt to help you feel more feminine than the standard t-shirt. Sometimes when spending the day being mom we do need something to help as feel a little bit better – even if it is just the style of the shirt we are wearing around the house.
All Capsleeve’s are 95% cotton 5% spandex – they wear great and doesn’t ball when layering – just make sure that you wash and then air dry – you don’t want your shirt to shrink in length. Spilled something on your Capsleeve – a little tip for cleaning – put liquid tide (or your preference of laundry detergent – without bleach) directly on the spot. Let sit for 5 – 20 minutes. Then wash. The only stain I have not been able to remove this way is Kraft Mac-n-Cheese. Everything else – including crayon has come out. Our little girl’s shirt is made of the same fabric.
Styling tip – when wearing the shirt by itself – bunch a little through the stomach and hips. This will give a more flattering look. Sometimes we have a tendency to pull our shirts down – this shows everything –bunched looks better.
Check out the 2 new colors for back to school Heather Grey and Raspberry – both perfect compliments with denim.

Enjoy!
Charmain

No comments: