Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flounce Top

K – I have now tried all of this years suits during spring break and need to get caught up on the great features of each top. I don’t know if I can choose a favorite – so instead I will go with the one that surprised me the most. When I first saw the Flounce Top – I thought “what a great suits for the teenagers. “ But was sure there was no way I would be found wearing it – 3 kids and in my mid 30’s it wasn’t one that caught my eye. At boutiques it has been selling like crazy to the teens – then I had a customer in her 30’s try it on – I was so shocked – I liked it better on her than the younger girls. An hourglass shape I felt did more for this suit than just the straight up and down of a younger girl – giving it more of a sophisticated look than a fun look. So, I got a suit in M and thought I would put it to the real test – see what both I and my husband thought (when I order in 10+ suits every year in my size he has learned to honest about which ones he likes on me and doesn’t.) I knew his comments about this suit from the catalog “definitely for someone younger, not you.” I put the suit on, really liked it, but braced myself for his comment – to my absolute shock – he said “Your keeping that one, right.” So, the suit I thought both myself and husband would like the least – is one of our favorites. I would recommend this suit for women of all ages. Boy, curvy, slight pear shape and petite. A very fun look for tweens and teens, a sophisticated look for someone a little older.
Features of the suit: powermesh lining to help smooth. Yes this suit will feel a little tight when you put it on – not uncomfortable, but tight enough that you won’t have to worry about it floating up in the water. Underwire bra – a must for a suit of this design. The tie around neck is completely decorative – great for a lineless tan. The top of the suit has elastic to ensure that the suit stays in place – a comforting detail.
Suggestions on bottoms: With the Black Polka Flounce – black and white polka bottoms or burgundy. Pink Stripe Flounce – black and white polka bottoms or pink polka bottoms. If considering this suit I would purchase sooner than later, from what I have seen I am guessing it will be the hot suit of the year – won’t be around for long before it is sold out.
Shop now www.modbeclothing.com/charmain

No comments: